The leading outdoor market research firm Southwick Associates has just released its report on the top hunting and shooting-related brands for last year.
The full report costs a pretty penny, but the company released its basic findings in a presser today.
- Top handgun brand: Smith & Wesson
- Top traditional rifle brand: Remington / Ruger (Sturm, Ruger)
- Top rifle ammunition brand: ATK
- Top handgun ammunition brand: ATK
- Top boots brand: Cabelas
- Top scopes: Bushnell
- Top binoculars brand: Bushnell
- Top game feeder brand: Moultrie
- Top trail camera brand: Moultrie
- Top tree stand brand: Big Game
- Top muzzleloader: Thompson Center / CVA
- Top crossbow: Barnett
- Top shotgun ammunition brand: Winchester
- Top blackpowder brand: Pyrodex
- Top arrow brand: Easton / Carbon Express
- Top broadhead brand: Rage
- Top bow case brand: Plano
- Top archery sight brand: Trophy Ridge
- Top game call brand: Primos
- Top reloading bullet brand: Hornady
- Top reloading primer brand: CCI
- Top reloading powder brand: Hodgdon / IMR
- Top GPS device brand: Garmin
- Top knife brand: Buck
- Top holster/ammo belt brand: Blackhawk
- Top choke tube brand: Carlson
Southwick used several sources to compile the list, including Southwick Associates’ HunterSurvey.com and ShooterSurvey.com panels, household surveys conducted in late 2014 and other proprietary research.
Information for many other product categories is available from Southwick Associates. Additional details available include total consumer spending by category, breakouts for caliber and gauge, type of retailer, average retail prices, customer demographics, and more. We also help companies design products preferred by customers (versus in-house engineers), identify better price points, learn where the competition is doing better, and other custom research insights.
Retailers interested in ordering the full report should contact Southwick Associates for a quote.